The Accounting Specialist verifies and processes transactions, record and analyze financial information, communicate with upper management, and assists with daily, monthly, and annual accounting activities.
- Serve as primary lead for accounts payable functions, including trade and expense.
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization.
- Assist with monthly journal entry posting and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with team members to provide necessary financial reports to senior-level managers.
- Review financial information and documents on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Support End of Month and End of Year reporting, as required.
- Look for and provide solutions for accounting irregularities.
- Serve as payroll back-up.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to maintain precise records.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures.
- Current familiarity with ERP systems, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian payroll rules and regulations.
- Can work independently and without supervision when required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary accounting education with 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role, particularly with Accounts Payable.
- Some experience working with payroll, preferably ADP.
Compensation Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Complete the form below and attach a .pdf version of your resume to apply now.