- Maintain production equipment to meet customer orders.
- Execute machining by studying work orders, blueprints, material specifications, drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting dimensions and tolerances.
- Execute machining and be able to follow up on the facility terminal to insert the daily production data.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufactures instructions; troubleshooting malfunction.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Basic milling operation skills. Understand the principle of milling operation, and final product as an outcome of this process.
- Basic drilling operation skills. Understand the factors that could impact the drilling when operation a drilling machine.
- Basic tolerances interpretation from the blueprint and implementation when operating the machines. Understand basic notions such as: concentricity, parallelism, paneity.
- Basic material knowledge, material bar stock preferred.
- Basic math
- Blueprint reading
- Utilize various measuring gages to check the requested dimensions specified in the blueprint to follow in operation.
- Attention to detail and communication skills, oral and written.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Mechanic diploma or similar qualification in the field of mechanics
- Minimum 3 year experience as a machine operator/ mechanically inclined person preferred.