This position is responsible for setting up CNC production machines to meet internal and customer requirements, maintaining quality and safety standards/requirements, maintaining records, equipment, and supplies.
- Set up production machines to meet customer orders
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, material specifications, drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting dimensions and tolerances.
- Installs and sets tools, attachments, collets, boring bars , turn tools, and stops
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufactures instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Completes production and quality records
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Basic editing
- Basic math
- Blueprint reading
- Utilize various measuring gages
- Attention to detail and communication skills, oral and written
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with CNC lathe and/or mill set up